Hospital guidelines on coronavirus
To: Sheridan Memorial Hospital Stakeholders and Partners
From: Dr. John Addlesperger, Chief Medical Officer
Barb Hespen, Chief Nursing Officer
Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
Date: March 12, 2020
As you may be aware, the first positive test for COVID-19 in Sheridan has been detected. The person is isolated at home, doing well, and being monitored by Public Health. People having close contact with the person are being contacted by Public Health.
This reinforces the importance following the Centers for Disease Control guidelines for infection control practices:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Cover cough or sneeze with tissue and dispose of tissue in the trash.
- Stay home if sick (but if you are concerned it may be more than just a cold, please consult your physician).
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
The Sheridan Memorial Hospital website is updated regularly with the most recent information and recommendations from the CDC on standard precautions.
To better serve our community and keep everyone safe, SMH has implemented new phone numbers for anyone who thinks they may have contracted the coronavirus (COVID-19).
DEDICATED COVID-19 PHONE LINE (adults) – 307-672-1004
DEDICATED COVID-19 PHONE LINE (children 12 and under) – 307-675-5555
These are not question and information lines but direct lines for those who have these symptoms and think they may be infected with the virus.
The symptoms to watch for are:
- Shortness of breath
Any personal health questions should be directed to your primary care physician.
CDC – Print Resources (Multiple posters with various information to share with staff and post around your office)