Coronavirus cancellations, closures and more
Here are the latest cancellations, closures and other precautions taken by Sheridan County and other major regional organizations, which are making an effort to slow the spread of COVID-19.
Gov. Mark Gordon issued an order to close public places through April 3, including schools, theaters, bars, nightclubs, coffee shops, employee cafeterias, self-serve buffets, salad bars, unpackaged self-serve food services, gyms, conference rooms and museums. This order does not apply to places of public accommodation that offer take-away food and beverage, including grocery stores, markets, retail stores that offer food, convenience stores, pharmacies, drug stores and food pantries.
The governor has also issued another order focused on businesses “where appropriate social distancing measures are not practical,” including: nail salons, hair salons and barber shops; cosmetology, electrology and esthetic services; massage parlors; and tattoo, body art and piercing shops. Medically necessary services, such as physical therapy providers, may remain open.
The Sheridan Press has removed organizations in the above categories from the closure list. See the "Still open" page for a list of businesses offering to-go options.
We will continue to update this page. To provide information about your organization, please email email@example.com.
Discover more news in the "Coronavirus Updates" section of the app.
THE SHERIDAN PRESS
Our priority is the safety of our staff and readers, so our office is closed to walk-in traffic indefinitely during the coronavirus pandemic. Important notes:
- Business will continue otherwise as usual. There are no changes to newspaper delivery; our team is taking extra precautions to ensure that your newspaper is safe.
- Individual newspapers are available for sale at racks across Sheridan County (including outside of The Press). Please remember correct change.
- If your newspaper was on vacation hold, notify us for delivery (no pick-ups).
Call with any questions: 307-672-2431.
CITY OF SHERIDAN
Starting Tuesday, March 24, Sheridan City Hall will be closed to the public. Call 307-674-6483 to make an appointment or pay bills, or visit sheridanwy.gov.
Sheridan's recycling center is temporarily shutting down the sorting line operations. Sheridan residents should continue with normal waste disposal practices: All collection of trash, curbside recycling and drop-site recycling operations will be maintained and continue as scheduled. However, all will be taken to the landfill.
The City of Sheridan Planning Commission will not meet at its regularly scheduled meeting on Monday, March 23. All Planning Commission items have been rescheduled to the April 13 regularly scheduled meeting.
Passport service has been suspended through April 20. Visit travel.state.gov for urgent travel needs.
For utility bills:
- Mail the payment to the address on the bill stub.
- Pay online.
- Pay through automated phone system at (888) 838-5335, where credit card, debit card or e-checks are gladly accepted - with no applied service fees.
The city also reminds citizens to not flush:
- Flushable toilet wipes
- Paper towels
- Facial tissues or wipes
- Baby wipes
- Clothing, rags, towels
- Or any other non-biodegradable items
These do not break down in the system and will clog your sewer lines, which could cause a sewage backup inside your home or business.
Jentel Presents is canceled through June.
BIGHORN NATIONAL FOREST
All new ignitions for prescribed fire have been postponed until further notice.
- Holy Name Catholic Church: canceled until further notice
- Unitarian Universalist: canceled at least through March
- First Presbyterian Church: online worship only
- First Assembly of God: canceled Wednesday and Sunday for the next three weeks, offering online services
- St. Peter's Episcopal Church: all meetings and events are canceled until further notice; live streaming services only
- Cornerstone Church: all services and Celebrate Recovery will be online only for next two weeks
- First Baptist Church: online services only
- Trinity Lutheran Church: all services and meetings are canceled through March
- Calvary Baptist Church: no services through March
- Bethesda Worship Center: online services only through March
- United Methodist Church: live streaming only
- Salvation Army Corps: live streaming only
- Sheridan Seventh-day Adventist: canceled until further notice
- Sheridan Wesleyan Church: online services only
- First Christian Church: canceled public worship and meetings
- Immanuel Lutheran Church: Sunday 8 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. and Wednesday at 7 p.m. worship services, also available via livestream; Bible study and Sunday school canceled
- First Congregational United Church of Christ: office hours and Last Friday Free Concert canceled until further notice; live streaming on Facebook
- The Rock Church: online services only
- Summit Church of the Nazarene: services and activities have been closed until further notice; ive worship service may be watched at 10:30 Sunday at summitnaz.online.church or on Facebook
ROCKY MOUNTAIN AMBULANCE
RMA has canceled all first aid and CPR/AED classes until further notice.
BURNS INSURANCE AGENCY
The office is closed to walk-in traffic but available by phone, email or appointment.
THE CLOTHING CO. & BABY TOO
The store is closed until further notice, but the staff is available by phone (307-674-7811) and
GIRL SCOUTS OF MONTANA AND WYOMING
The Girl Scouts cookie program is suspended: All direct-contact delivery and direct sale of cookies have been halted.
Customers may get their pre-ordered Girl Scout cookies online; additional cookies ordered online will benefit healthcare workers in Wyoming and Montana.
YELLOWSTONE NATIONAL PARK
ROCKY MOUNTAIN LEATHER TRADE SHOW
The annual event, scheduled for May, has been canceled.
SCOTTY'S SKATE CASTLE
The space is closed.
WE THE PEOPLE
The chili supper, scheduled for April 8, has been canceled.
THE BENEFIT FOR LERIC
The Benefit for Leric, scheduled for March 28 at Luminous Brewhouse, has been postponed. An account has been set up at Security State Bank for donations; the Benefit for Leric Facebook page will have more information.
The store located at 377 Coffeen Ave. will close beginning Wednesday. The store located at 1875 Coffeen Ave. will remain open Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. to 7 p.m., Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Sunday from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
The store is closed to in-store traffic but taking orders for olive oil, pasta, beans, rice, jarred tomato sauces and other food products over the phone (307-655-8777), email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Facebook messenger. Products are available for delivery and curbsie pickup; the store is open from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Joey's Fly Fishing Foundation is closed.
The store is closed.
COWBOY STATE BANK
The lobby is closed, but the drive-through is open and representatives are available for appointments.
JIM GATCHELL MUSEUM
The museum is closed.
HARKER MELLINGER, LLC
The office is closed to the public, but the staff is available for virtual meetings and phone conferences.
CORE PHYSICAL THERAPY
All pilates classes are closed, and the space is closed to fitness members. However, physical therapy is still offered.
WYOMING AUDIOLOGY AND HEARING
The office is closed to walk-in traffic but offers appointments.
The Historic Sheridan Inn is closed with a reopen date tentatively scheduled for May 15. The staff will continue to handle bookings for rooms and events online and via telephone for after this date; call 307-674-2178.
The store is closed until further notice; however, customers may schedule pick-up or delivery (on purchases of $20 or more) by calling 307-672-5554 or sending a Facebook message.
SHERIDAN COUNTY COURTHOUSE
The Sheridan County Courthouse is closed to the public. Please note:
- See the details for:
- Sheridan County Clerk and Recorder: 307-674-2500
- Sheridan County Treasurer: 307-674-2520
- Sheridan County Assessor: 307-674-2535
- Sheridan County Clerk of District Court: 307-674-2960
- Circuit Court: closed to the public; jurors must continue to call the juror telephone number to keep apprised of whether they are to report to the Circuit Court for a jury trial. The next jury trial is set for April 1. Call 307-674-2940 with questions. Payments may be made online at citepayusa.com or by mail.
- Sheridan County Clerk of District Court will accept in-person transactions Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. by entering through the third floor main entry on South Main Street. To the extent possible, they encourage child support payments, criminal fines, fees, and restitution payment to be sent by mail.
- District Court: Do not attend a District Court hearing in person without first being instructed to do so. To the extent possible, all hearings shall be conducted by video/telephone conferencing. If you have not already been contacted regarding instructions on how to participate from your legal counsel, the District Court Clerk’s office or District Court’s Judicial Assistance, call 307-674-4478 for further instruction.
The annual Snickers Big Horn Soccer Cup Tournament, scheduled for May 9-10, has been canceled.
DEMOCRATIC PRESIDENTIAL CAUCUS
The in-person portion of the 2020 Presidential Preference Caucus, as well as county conventions, are suspended due to growing concern over COVID-19. The event is now mail-in only.
All voters must have been registered as Wyoming Democrats by March 20. Voters who registered between March 11-20 will automatically be sent a ballot at the mailing address reflected on their voter registration. Two rounds of ballots were previously mailed; voters who previously received ballots but are unable to use or locate them can request a new ballot no later than March 31 via the form linked at wyodems.org/2020caucus.
Returned ballots must be received via mail by WDP no later than April 17.
NORTHERN WYOMING MENTAL HEALTH CENTER
Northern Wyoming Mental Health Center is now open again to the citizens of in Sheridan, Johnson, Crook and Weston counties. Their team is developing protocols for seeing clients in the safest and most effective way possible. The plan in this communication is subject to rapid change as circumstances dictate.
The center is rapidly and aggressively moving toward the provision of extensive telehealth services; to be implemented within the next week. They are still providing services to clients including injections, weekly pill box fills, and crisis services.
All in-office and face-to-face services have been suspended through April 3, but they are making exceptions for crises/emergencies where need dictates.
After Hours Numbers
In case of an emergency, call 911.
Sheridan Motorsports Association/Sheridan Speedway have canceled April events.
ERA CARROLL REALTY
The office is closed to the public. All staff are working remotely with access to their email and mobile phones. Contact information is here.
The Wyoming Test of Proficiency and Progress is canceled.
ADVOCACY & RESOURCE CENTER
From March 23 through April 3, the office will be open from 9 a.m. to noon Monday through Friday; appointments are appreciated but not required.
An advocate is available 24 hours a day by calling 307-672-3222. We can also be reached during open hours on our office line at 307-672-7471. For online communication, reach out through Facebook messenger, and an advocate will respond as soon as possible.
SHERIDAN MEMORIAL HOSPITAL
Sheridan Memorial Hospital is relocating the upcoming blood drive: It will be held at the downtown location, 61 S. Gould St., on March 24 and 25. Blood donors may park in the parking lot on Gould Street across from the hospital building.
There is an urgent need for blood, and healthy individuals are encouraged to come donate.
A few spots are available Tuesday; Wednesday has open appointments from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Schedule an appointment by visiting Vitalant.org or by calling 877-258-4825.
- Elective surgical procedures have been suspended.
- The Sheridan Memorial Hospital cafeteria and Sidewalk Cafe will be closed to public access until further notice. Food service for patients and employees will continue.
- The Sheridan Memorial Hospital Foundation will postpone Focus Group and Consultation sessions with Kari Anderson, scheduled for March 23-26.
- The Women’s Health Unit will be canceling prenatal and breastfeeding classes until further notice. If patients find themselves at home with breastfeeding questions, please call 30-672-1110.
OUTDOOR FAMILY & YOUTH EXPO
The event, scheduled for March 21 at the Holiday Inn, has been canceled.
BIGHORN DESIGN STUDIO
The store is closed until further notice. Customers can shop online.
While the pub and smokehouse are closed, the liquor store is open Monday through Thursday from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m., Friday and Saturday from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
BIG HORN COUNTY
Big Horn County is closing dine-in food service and alcoholic beverage businesses and lodging including fishing/hunting lodges, resorts and Airbnb/Home Away/VRBO facilities.
BEST OUT WEST
The store is closed until further notice.
ANTELOPE BUTTE MOUNTAIN RECREATION AREA
Following the governor's closure announcement, Antelope Butte Foundation is closed indefinitely.
NEST HOME AND HOLIDAY
The store is closed to walk-in traffic; call 307-672-5544.
EBIA HEARING & SOUND
The office is closed at least through March 20.
SUNLIGHT FEDERAL CREDIT UNION
The lobbies are temporarily closed starting Friday, March 20; drive-up hours will be extended starting March 23 from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
All yoga classes are suspended until April 1; free virtual classes will be held on Facebook Live.
All classes are suspended until April.
All elective dental procedures and routine dental care are postponed until further notice. The office will remain open to treat dental emergencies; call 307-674-9222.
FAB WOMEN'S CONFERENCE
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, The Sheridan Press and Sheridan College have chosen to cancel FAB Women's Conference, scheduled for April 3, in its current form. We plan to reschedule the FAB Woman of the Year ceremony and a separate performance by Sarah Kay, whenever large events are deemed safe.
FIRST INTERSTATE BANK
The lobbies of all branches are closed. The ATMs and drive-throughs remain open. Bankers may be available to meet individually with clients; please call your local branch if you’d like to speak to a banker.
WYOMING GIRLS SCHOOL
WGS is not allowing nonessential visitors on campus. Requests may be made directly to the school and will be responded to on a case-by-case basis.
MANCHESTER ST. COFFEE
Manchester St. Coffee's first anniversary party, originally scheduled for March 21, is postponed until April 18 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at 409 E. 1st St. in Sheridan.
The shop is closed to the public, but owner Matt Eggings is still selling freshly roasted coffee, available for pick-up or delivery by calling 307-429-8140.
GERDEL DITCH COMPANY
The regularly scheduled annual meeting, set for April 7, will be postponed indefinitely. For more information, contact email@example.com.
THE SALVATION ARMY
The Salvation Army Family Thrift Store will be closed until further notice; no donations will be accepted.
The Harvest Food Pantry remains open Monday from 1:30-3 p.m., Wednesday and Friday from 10 a.m. to noon and 1:30-3 p.m. Homebound elderly and other at-risk populations may call 307-672-2444 for food box delivery.
"We are in desperate need of donated canned and dry goods," SA Envoy-in-Charge Gary Dobney wrote in an email, asking for donations to be dropped off at150 S. Tschirgi St. Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
SHERIDAN COUNTY PUBLIC LIBRARY SYSTEM
All four library locations are closed to the public indefinitely. Explore online resources here, from ebooks to educational programs.
Fulmer Library will be offering the following limited services:
- Pickup of hold items from 10-11 a.m. and 3-4 p.m. Monday through Friday. There will be no browsing of titles on the shelves, but if you have an idea of what you want to check out, staff will pull the titles and meet you at the front door for pickup. Submit titles via the following methods:
- Answering reference questions via telephone (307-674-8585, ext. 115) which should be available between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday through Friday
- Access to electronic resources at home
- E-books, e-audiobooks, digital magazines, online research, and streaming video.
- Library card number and PIN required to access materials. If you need assistance, please
call the library at 307-674-8585
- Go to www.sheridanwyolibrary.org and click on the Online Resources link under either
the “FIND” or “CONNECT” tab
- Wyoming State Library offers some additional resources at www.gowyld.net
Powder River Basin's Local Foods Marketing Workshop, scheduled for March 19 at the Sheridan County Fulmer Public Library, has been postponed until May 7 at 5 p.m.
2020 Census field operations have been suspended until April 1. In addition, bureau personnel will begin using phone calls instead of in-person visits. In the limited number of instances where an in-person visit is necessary, the organization is working closely with public health authorities to ensure each visit is accomplished safely.
The box office is closed. Please contact 307-672-9084 or firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Updates to programming:
- Dervish concert, scheduled March 20: Canceled
- The Bolshoi Ballet's production of Swan Lake, scheduled March 24: Postponed
- The Sheridan College Theatre Department’s production of Clue, scheduled for April 2-4, Canceled
- Bolshoi in Cinema's Romeo & Juliet, scheduled for April 7: Postponed
- Stars of Tomorrow, scheduled for April 10: Postponed
Those wishing to donate their ticket dollars back to the WYO are encouraged to do so.
Discover WYO Virtual Vaudeville, a series of online performances and workshops, on the nonprofit's Facebook Page.
SAGE COMMUNITY ARTS
SAGE's art gallery is closed indefinitely. The online gallery will be available. Look for the new virtual art series in conjunction with the WYO.
FIRST FEDERAL BANK AND TRUST
All lobbies are closed; drive-up facilities will remain open, as well as online and mobile banking services.
CLOUD PEAK LANES
The bowling alley will be closed until Tuesday, March 24.
SHERIDAN WYO RODEO
The Sheridan WYO Rodeo downtown ticketing desk is temporarily closed. Tickets are available online at sheridanwyorodeo.com.
The store is closed indefinitely.
The store is closed indefinitely.
The store is closed indefinitely.
THE UNION AT THE MONTGOMERY
The Union is closed for at least the week.
The store is closed through April 2.
SHERIDAN BICYCLE CO.
The store is open by appointment only. Contact email@example.com or 406-580-6490.
Agents are working remotely. Call 307-672-5838, or visit century21bhj.com.
WYOMING WILDERNESS ASSOCIATION
The nonprofit is closed through March 30 (and encourages you to get outside and stay healthy!).
PAY LESS TAX & BUSINESS SOLUTIONS
The office is open but closed to outside traffic. Call 307-655-5543 with questions.
SHERIDAN COUNTY RETIRED EDUCATION PERSONNEL
The SCREP April 2 meeting is canceled.
THE HUB ON SMITH
The Hub on Smith has closed their on-site meals program (i.e. breakfast and lunch), exercise, social activities, the day break and adult day center. The Keystone Awards, slated for April 16, have been postponed.
The Hub is continuing to offer:
- Home-delivered meals: Call 307-672-6079 by 10 a.m. to request a meal to be delivered. The menu is here.
- Transportation to medical appointments
- Personal care items (soap, toilet paper, etc.)
- Someone to call and check in
- Caregiving support via phone
Call the Hub Support Center at 307-461-7134 with questions on the above.
Northern Wyoming Community College District shared that one student and one faculty member were placed under quarantine Thursday for a minimum of 14 days.
All college-sponsored trips, domestic and international, have been canceled. NWCCD is extending spring break two weeks week in order to take advantage of this time to prepare, assess, and ultimately help mitigate the spread of the virus to the extent possible. Sheridan College in Sheridan and Johnson counties and Gillette College campuses will be closed beginning at the close of business on March 13.
"The District is hopeful that normal operations will commence Monday, April 6," an email from NWCCD reads. "Residence halls will also be closed, with the exception of a few students with extenuating circumstances."
The Sheridan College Theatre Department’s production of Clue, scheduled for April 2-4, is canceled.
The NWCCD Board of Trustees meeting, scheduled for March 26, has been canceled.
Albertsons is reserving every Tuesday and Thursday from 7-9 a.m. for senior citizens and other at-risk populations who must leave home to obtain their groceries unless otherwise locally mandated.
In addition, Albertsons is hiring. Apply online at www.albertsonscompanies.com or inquire with the store director.
BIG HORN COUNTY ELECTRIC
Big Horn County Electric's 81st annual meeting in Hardin, scheduled for March 24, has been canceled.
WYOMING GAME AND FISH DEPARTMENT
All WGF meetings will move to an online forum. For more information, contact 307-777-4540 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
UNIVERSITY OF WYOMING
The University of Wyoming will move to online course delivery for the remainder of the spring 2020 semester in response to concerns about the novel coronavirus COVID-19. Read more. UW had already extended its spring break by one week in response to concerns about the novel coronavirus COVID-19. All spring sport competitions are officially canceled. This includes all Mountain West Conference and non-conference events, home and away. No confirmed cases of COVID-19 have been reported. At this point, no limitations are being placed on the ability of people who’ve traveled in the United States to return to campus, but this is subject to change. Anyone who has traveled from Europe, China, South Korea or Iran should self-monitor and self-isolate for 14 days before returning to campus, according to the release.
At UW Extension offices, all in-person events are suspended through May 15, including all 4-H club meetings, in-person CNP classes, spring garden conferences, one-on-one field consultations and other similar events and activities. County extension offices will remain open on a county-by-county basis. Sheridan County's extension office is closed in conjunction with Sheridan College at least until April 6.
HABITAT FOR HUMANITY OF THE EASTERN BIGHORNS
The Habitat office, ReStore and construction sites will be closed until April 6. All fundraisers, events and classes through March and April have been canceled or postponed.
The remainder of events in the Sheridan Inn's winter concert dance series have been canceled.
All programming has been suspended until further notice. The team is currently working on creative solutions to stay engaged with the community and be present in this time of need. Stay tuned for details.
Ucross has announced a temporary closure, which will impact current artists in residence, as well as those scheduled for residencies during the spring. Ucross will reopen as soon as it is deemed safe and will stay in close contact with all artists to keep them updated on when residencies may resume. The Ucross Art Gallery will also be closed to the public during this time and public meetings, and events will be postponed.
DOG & CAT SHELTER
Dog and Cat Shelter will be open by appointment only until April 5. Phones will be on Tuesday through Saturday from 12-4:30 p.m.; call 307-674-7694 to schedule appointments and help return lost animals.
VOLUNTEERS OF AMERICA
The Sheridan Empty Bowl event, originally set for April 9, has been rescheduled for Thursday, Aug. 13. In addition:
- All gatherings of more than 10 individuals have been canceled or adjusted to be small groups
- Program tours have been canceled until further notice
- Residential client engagement with external activities has been limited
- Client, staff, essential volunteers and vendors serving residential programs are required to submit to temperature screening
- All new program referrals are screened for COVID-19
- A COVID Operations Taskforce has been established and meets daily
- Where possible, case management is being completed via phone rather than brining vulnerable populations to VOA offices
Plans are in place for several levels of crisis response
The March 23 Tech Meet-up has been canceled. The group will reschedule the featured speaker, Harold Golden, to a later date.
SHERIDAN COUNTY RMEF BANQUET
The Sheridan County RMEF Banquet, scheduled for March 28 at the Holiday Inn, has been postponed. Updates for a new event date will be sent to members and posted here. If you would like a refund, contact email@example.com.
The Wyoming High School Activities Association has extended the suspension of all activities until Monday, April 6. No practices will be allowed during suspension.
The Mountain West Board of Directors announced that all spring sport competitions have been suspended indefinitely. NCAA is also suspended.
The North American 3 Hockey League has announced that effective immediately, all regularly scheduled 2020 NA3HL Fraser Cup Playoff games have been canceled. The season is over.
All Special Olympic Wyoming events are canceled through the end of May.
The first three rodeos of the Central Rocky Mountain Region spring season are canceled.
USA Curling Arena National Championships in Gillette are canceled.
2020 VNEA Wyoming State 8-Ball Pool Tournament is canceled.
GOOSE CREEK TRANSIT
Goose Creek Transit is suspending service on the fixed route bus. Door-to-door service has been suspended except with very limited exceptions, such as medically necessary doctor visits, but grocery delivery services (preordered through the Walmart app) will continue. Call 307-675-7433 with questions.
The College Board is canceling the May 2, 2020, SAT administration. Makeup exams for the March 14 administration (scheduled March 28) are also canceled. Registered students will receive refunds. The College Board will provide future additional SAT testing opportunities for students as soon as feasible in place of canceled administrations.
"We’ll be as flexible as possible to give students the best chance to show their skills and stay on the path to college," reads a press release from the College Board. "We have not yet canceled the June 6 SAT administration and will continue to assess its status with the health and safety of students and educators as our top priority. The College Board is working with local partners, and we’ll soon share information about weekday school-based administrations this spring of the SAT, PSAT 10, and PSAT 8/9."
To help students keep their college readiness skills sharp when many schools are closed, the College Board and Khan Academy will continue to provide free resources online, including full-length practice tests and personalized learning tools at khanacademy.org/sat.
"Together with our member schools and colleges, we will be flexible, thoughtful, and collaborative in exploring ways to continue to support student learning and provide opportunities to test during this challenging time," stated the College Board.
SHERIDAN RECREATION DISTRICT
Sheridan Recreation District programs has delayed all programs until April 6. The staff will communicate information directly to participants. Office hours will remain the same, as well as registration for upcoming programs.
WHITNEY RINK IN THE M&MS CENTER
The Whitney Rink in the M&M’s Center is closed until further notice.
"Based on information received, it was discovered that the rink may have been exposed to the coronavirus," read the business's website. "The rink was forced to close immediately with that knowledge in order to keep the public safe as we gather facts."
BIGHORN NATIONAL FOREST
Bighorn National Forest has announced that the open house for the Invasive and Other Select Plant Management project, scheduled March 19 in Sheridan, has been postponed.
Kalif Shrine Center has canceled all activities and meetings until at least April 6, including regular stated meeting, Shrine Klown Circus, and potluck and stag dinners.
CHILDREN HORSES & ADULTS IN PARTNERSHIP has elected to close their facility until the schools reopen. The CHAPS team said they plan to "protect our community by doing our part and limiting interaction. During this break, we will be disinfecting all common surfaces and taking care of the horses."
SHERIDAN COUNTY YMCA
The Sheridan County YMCA will be closed through April 3.
"As a relationship-based organization, it is very challenging to make the decision to close our building," YMCA Executive Director Elisabeth Cassiday wrote in an email to The Press. "We will deep clean our facility and send out all of our ideas on how to stay healthy both physically and mentally at home."
TONGUE RIVER VALLEY COMMUNITY CENTER
Bboth locations of TRVCC are closed at least through April 5. Members should collect belongings from lockers.
The STEM Spring Break Camp will also be canceled starting Tuesday, as well, but will be available Monday if needed for parents.
DAUGHTERS OF THE AMERICAN REVOLUTION
The Sheridan Chapter of DAR has canceled its March 19 meeting. For further information, please contact Nancy Buchanan Talbott at 361-522-1503.
WYOMING FFA CONVENTION
The 2020 Wyoming FFA Convention has been canceled. Read the organization's open letter.
CENTRAL WYOMING COLLEGE
Central Wyoming College will extend spring break by one week. The break was originally scheduled for March 16-20 with classes resuming on Monday, March 23. The extension will now last until March 27 with classes resuming on March 30.
SHERIDAN RECREATION DISTRICT
As of Friday afternoon, Sheridan Recreation District programs will run as scheduled.
The staff requests that participants follow health guidelines and precautions and notes that changes may be made to scheduled programs.
SHERIDAN VA HEALTH CARE SYSTEM
The Sheridan VA Health Care System is implementing basic screening measures for signs of respiratory illness and exposure to COVID-19. Their providers have not encountered anyone who has tested positive. Onsite, there are standardized screening questions at the entrance and during initial clinical screening. Veterans are asked to arrive early for appointments and to limit the number of people accompanying them.
As of Friday afternoon, no minors are allowed on station except those who live there with their family.
Medical center staff are also asking that anyone with flu-like symptoms to call 307-675-3575 before visiting the VA. Veterans also have an option of signing into MyHealtheVet to send a message to their health care team. Employees are being told not to report to work if they show symptoms.
SHERIDAN COUNTY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
The Chamber has canceled the Legislative Recap Breakfast that was scheduled for Tuesday, March 24, at 7:30 a.m. at the Holiday Inn. They hope to reschedule, when possible. Note: The breakfast was in lieu of the March 2020 Government Affairs Committee meeting (originally scheduled for Wednesday, March 25), which will remain canceled.
The Chamber will maintain regular office hours, with special protocols in place.
BUFFALO CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
Buffalo's Business Expo, slated for March 20-21 at the Bomber Mountain Civic Center, is postponed. The Chamber will announce the new proposed date at a later time.
GREEN HOUSE LIVING FOR SHERIDAN
Green House is taking every precaution possible, so the organization is implementing a self-imposed lock-down for a minimum of 14 days.
Contact the Green House at 307-672-0600 with questions.
The SHRM luncheon on April 2 has been canceled.
BIG HORN CITY HISTORICAL SOCIETY
The March 22 meeting will be canceled.
WYOMING MORGAGE LENDERS ASSOCIATION
The 2020 WMLA conference in Cheyenne has been canceled.
WHAT YOU CAN DO
According to the CDC, to help avoid the spread of COVID-19, you should:
- Avoid close contact with sick people.
- While sick, stay home and limit contact with others as much as possible.
- Cover nose and mouth when coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces and objects that may be contaminated with germs.
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand rub with at least 60 percent alcohol.
- Avoid nonessential travel to places with the infections, especially to China, Iran, South Korea and Italy. “Travel recommendations and restrictions are also important,” Harrist said. The CDC currently recommends no nonessential travel to China, Iran, South Korea and Italy and no travel on cruise ships.
- Older adults and travelers with underlying health issues should consider avoiding situations with increased risk for transmission.
About The Sheridan Press
The Sheridan Press has served Sheridan County, Wyoming, since 1887. The award-winning independent newspaper is dedicated to informing and engaging the community by creating, producing and distributing exceptional content and trusted journalism. Online rates start at just $1.50 per week; to subscribe to The Sheridan Press, click here.