Sheridan family-like pep band punctuates Broncs, Lady Broncs game days with cheers and chasers

SHERIDAN — During the Sheridan High School girls basketball game against Campbell County last Friday evening, the Lady Camel’s Raimi Hladky stepped up to the free-throw line in the third quarter. The Broncs pep band stood in the Sheridan High School gym’s bleachers under the opponent’s basket and, just before the Campbell County sophomore prepared to shoot, the pep band’s members motioned wildly and repeatedly to the left.

Sure enough, Hladky’s shot sailed short and to the left of the hoop, as incredulous chuckles rippled through the limited capacity crowd in reaction to the band members’ supposed influence.

An hour later, 25 other students had replaced the 25 band members who supported the Lady Broncs. The fresh set of musicians cheered along with the Sheridan High School cheerleaders across the gym as both student groups spelled “R-O-W-D-Y” in an effort to assist the boys basketball team in its comeback against the Camels.

Read more.

About The Sheridan Press
The Sheridan Press has served Sheridan County, Wyoming, since 1887. The award-winning independent newspaper is dedicated to informing and engaging the community by creating, producing and distributing exceptional content and trusted journalism. Online rates start at just $1.50 per week; to subscribe to The Sheridan Press, click here