SCSD2 moves closer to virtual academy implementation

SHERIDAN — Sheridan County School District 2 administrators moved one step closer to implementing a virtual format of Sheridan High School this fall. After student, staff and parent surveys and meetings, SCSD2 Assistant Superintendent for Curriculum and Assessment Mitch Craft determined the best move forward was to add a hybrid version of high school for select students.

Starting a virtual academy came from concerns about graduation rates, especially losing students from eighth grade to freshman year of high school. Because of the pandemic shift, administrators wanted to consider a virtual option unlike any other in the state, where virtual students receive a Sheridan High School education from SHS teachers, but in an online format.

At a meeting Feb. 1, Craft presented an ongoing list of questions, with more received from board members. At the March 1 board meeting, Craft came with answers backed by data. 

Read more.

About The Sheridan Press
The Sheridan Press has served Sheridan County, Wyoming, since 1887. The award-winning independent newspaper is dedicated to informing and engaging the community by creating, producing and distributing exceptional content and trusted journalism. Online rates start at just $1.50 per week; to subscribe to The Sheridan Press, click here